Tuesday, July 5, 2011

it's July already?

Wow, it is July the 5th already.  Where did the month of June go?  I have no idea.  So, this weekend (Saturday specifically) I had a taste for something really sweet and I was out of fruit.  I managed not to go to the store to get anything junk food wise until Sunday when I needed milk.  They had this round chocolate chip decorated cookie for the 4th of July.  It looked really good, I mean really good.  I figured I had been doing pretty well with eating healthier, making sure I ate enough veggies and fruit, that I would get it.  Oh my gosh, the frosting is so sweet it is awful.  I have eaten some of the cookie that is not frosted because when i took a bite of the frosting part of the cookie, it was horrible.  I mean, a teaspoon of sugar would have been better.  Basically, I wasted $8 and won't do it again.  When I want something sweet, I just eat some fruit.  I don't generally keep junk food in the house because then it would get eaten more often than I should so I don't buy cookies and stuff like that very often.  I know better because I don't eat just one or two cookies, no, I would eat 8 to 10 cookies which is not good for a person so I just don't buy it.  I have no idea if I have lost any weight or not because I am not weighing myself.  That sets me up on a very slippery slope that goes very bad very fast so I am not doing it.  I am trying to focus on eating healthy because ultimately, that is what I need to keep doing.

I do hope you are having a good day!

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great holiday, and bought some fruit along with the milk. Those cookies are very gross. I hope you got rid of it by now, so as to not tempt you anymore.

    ReplyDelete